Wednesday, 5 May 2010

They're back

For many years I enjoyed looking out of my front windows in Spring and, over the early months of the year, following the progress of a fieldful of ewes and lambs. Watching the lambs at play made me smile and I often found myself laughing out loud at their antics; to see this vibrant new young life was one of the pleasures of Spring. However, about three years ago the field remained empty when Spring arrived, and although there is still a big flock behind my house, I missed the usual sights and sounds greeting me when I opened my bedroom curtains. It turned out that the land at the front had been sold. Much to my delight last year a small herd of beautiful Sussex cattle were moved into the field. I hadn't seen them for a bit, and was missing them until lo and behold, they appeared again this week with babies.

There they were grazing in the pouring rain with the little ones huddling under the trees for shelter.

All lying down. Hope this doesn't mean it's going to rain again.

Tried a fun way of making a set of ATCs. Read about it in an article in Craft Stamper by Jo Firth-Young. You stick ATCs together in a strip with masking tape on the back, then on the front you decorate said strip. I followed the suggested methods of decoration: clear embossing some text on each as a resist to the ink used to colour the card, and then stamping and embellishing. A quick and easy way to produce a set where each is different but clearly part of the set.

1 comment:

  1. aw, fabulos post. I do miss cows and the sheep...as we used to live on a farm. Your atc's are lovely
    (Lyn)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to comment. Much appreciated.