The background is the floral paper from the Lost & Found stack covered in Rock Candy crackle. I've used Tattered Rose, Peeled Paint and Picket Fence crackle on the embellishments, and Victorian Velvet and Forest Moss Distress Inks. I've edged the piece with Lava Green Inka Gold. As for the technique, you'll find that on page 42 of the Compendium.
Thanks, Linda, for organising this fun challenge.
Thursday, 12 August 2010
Compendium of Curiosities Challenge 9 - Distress Crackle
This week it's taken me longer than usual to do my piece for the fabby challenge at Linda's Studio L3 - reason being I've been trying to revive my dried up crackle paints. The Rock Candy one was fine but the others were in various stages of desiccation. Two were so bad that when I opened the bottle the little brush broke off. Anyway, after much stirring in of water with a little metal cocktail stick thingy over a few days, we were back in business except for one that doesn't seem to crackle any more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Great workdesk and I love the look of this crackle! Very cool!
ReplyDeleteOh I do the the effect that the crackle gives....I must get some :0)
ReplyDelete*hugs* Heather x
This is beautiful! Bliss really is the word for it!
ReplyDeleteGreat crackle effect, makes me want to go and try it myself! I know I have a bottle of it somewhere?? I love your colours, fab! Margaret
ReplyDeleteThis is one of those pieces that makes me say, "WOW!" And then I jump up and down a little because it's so much fun to look at. Truly, this is a gorgeous work of art, and your crackle technique couldn't be more perfect! The colors are great, and I love the little details like the heart-shaped brads. Bravo, girlfriend!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful, love it, some great crackling. Annette x
ReplyDeleteHow fun! It is fascinating, isn't it, how the crackles work? Your piece is so pretty!
ReplyDeleteLove how you put this together! Your colors are fantastic!~
ReplyDeleteYour piece is great! I love your colors and the crackles added just the right touch.
ReplyDeleteLove your crackle and the background paper! Such a wonderful piece! Love it! I am now following!
ReplyDeleteLOVE this!Beautiful colors, I am really loving the crackle, I just bought some yesterday, can't wait to use it. Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your sweet comment, have a great weekend! :)
ReplyDeleteOoooh, this is so pretty!!! Love that rock-candied background!
ReplyDeleteI luv how your piece is "pretty" rather than grungie...outstanding thought process, lovely art!
ReplyDeleteGORGEOUS!
ReplyDeleteI missed this when I visited before - it's lovely.
ReplyDeleteThanks for visiting my blog and becoming a follower.
x
I love the little crackle bliss tag...so pretty! good thing you got some of the paint going again huh? Thanks for visiting my blog too! dont be a stranger and come back again soon!
ReplyDelete