Tuesday, 24 August 2010

Compendium Week 11

If you're looking for a challenge that will introduce you to new techniques or get you practising some you may know already, then have a look at Linda's Studio L3 blog for details of her weekly Compendium of Curiosities Challenges taken from Tim Holtz' book. This one's called Blended Batik, and is a technique I have tried a couple of times before.

I enjoy researching family history, and using my paints and inks to produce something related to this. One of my second cousins has a beautiful photo of our great grandmother, Janet. It is on glass and in a gilt metal frame. I didn't make a very good job of photographing it, but the real thing is very beautiful, and I treasure this copy. Janet was the eleventh of twelve children and was born and brought up by the bonnie banks of Loch Lomond.
So on to my piece. The inks are Scattered Straw and Forest Moss, the stamps Darkroom Door, Studio 490 and Elusive Images, and embellishments a Tim swirly and Prima flowers.


15 comments:

  1. I really love this SERIOUSLY Victorian look, just beautiful.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful vintage piece to honor a vintage lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just gorgeous! great job honoring your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, fabulous art. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, girlfriend, this is stunning! What a wonderful and loving homage to your great grandmother (the photo is amazing!), and the Blended Batik is so perfect for the vintage look you created. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great story done justice by a beautiful piece of art!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the details on your beautiful piece...it's all the more special since it is your great grandmother.

    ReplyDelete
  8. can you say Fab-u-lous!!! gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the beauty of this vintage piece! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how you used the photo....it is really pretty and a great way to show it off!!!! Thanks for the visit to my blog and come again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, a gorgeous tag and more special because of the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful art Piece. I love Tim's products and techniques with vintage photos.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to comment. Much appreciated.