My tag is made of grungeboard. I recently did the Shabby Chic technique from Tim's Compendium, and had a couple of extra pieces of g. board all painted up ready to roll. This one was painted with raw umber and and I shabbied it up (or should that be 'down') with antique cream acrylic and a few touches of Frayed Burlap DI. The flower was also cut from g. board (supplies recently replenished) with an Alterations die, stamped with the Crafty Inds. music stamp, as is the background of the tag, and coloured with Frayed Burlap, as is the Prima flower which I've also painted with Frayed Burplap Stickles. Couldn't resist a couple of smidges of that lovely tape with the musical notes on it.
I do love g. board. Have seen people turn up their noses at the smell, but I think a good sniff is part of the process of working with it. Nice leathery smell, but it does wear off with time.May do a bit more with this. Maybe distress the edges. I consider myself now in training for a card and a tag for a music loving friend who has a big birthday coming up.
Tuesday, 10 August 2010
Sunday Stampers 115
Yep, it is Tuesday, but I am still catching up. For quite a few weeks I've intended to do Hels' Sunday Stamper Challenge, but kept running out of time. Now music is one of the essentials in my life, and I do enjoy getting inky in the name of music, so how could I not this week, given that we can still play up until Saturday. Hels has produced a stunner to get the ball rolling.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Gorgeous tag hun, thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper... loving that texture :O))
ReplyDeleteoh this really is one gorgoues,tag hun just love it hugs cheryl xxxx
ReplyDeleteReally great tag, love it. Annette x
ReplyDeleteGreat tag! I've been saving all my mistakes, I mean leftovers :) from the CC challenges too. This is really perfect!
ReplyDelete