Tuesday, 3 August 2010

Compendium Challenge Week 8

I'm finding that each week I really look forward to finding out which challenge Linda at Studio L3 has set us from Tim Holtz' Compendium of Curiosities, and to having a go at the new challenge, and seeing what all the others have created. This week it's page 39 - Inking Grunge.

Some time ago I made a watch strap from Grungeboard. Sheila Douglass did it on TV, and attributed the original idea to Tim Holtz. I used paint and stamping to decorate that strap, but it's a little bit worn now, so I decided it was time to make a new one, and that Inking Grunge was to be the way to decorate it.

I chose Broken China because quite a lot of my summer clothes seem to be in shades of turquoise; and I used Vintage Photo on the edges. The watch is just a cheapie from the supermarket.

15 comments:

  1. Oh, Marilyn, how totally, wonderfully, fantastically COOL! I've seen some great grungeboard bracelets, but never a watchband. This is spectacular! Great color, and the stamping is wonderful, too.

    Well done! This is so cool I'm going to have to make one, too. Thanks for the fab idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever to design a watch band! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your watch is fantastic!!! I love the colors you choose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow hun this is just fantastic,love it great color choice too hugs cheryl xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing, love it. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is so very clever! Nice job on this and I bet a lot of us will be trying this out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous watch strap, love the stamp you used and the colour is so summery and bright.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've wanted some of Tim's hitch, ahm, things, for awhile ... now I MUST have them!

    This is TOO cool!

    And I don't even like watches!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too cool...made me laugh -very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea - and it looks so good! Fabulous job and it will even match your summer wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH WOW...That is FABULOUS, Marilyn!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful idea! Looks really superb! But will the ink stay or start to smear if it gets wet?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Wonderfull summer-watch :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ok, this has got to be the coolest project I've seen for this challenge! You really went above and beyond! The color is fabulous and you were especially creative with this!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to comment. Much appreciated.