A photo of Tag 3 and full illustrated step-by-step instructions can be found here at Tim's blog.
Sunday, 4 December 2011
The 12 Tags of Christmas 2011 - Day Three
I'm lagging a bit behind with the Tags already, but here is my copycat version of number 3. Great fun to make, and it looks a lot better than the picture shows. Can't get the light right. Didn't have the card that Tim used for the foliage, but have some of the Distress Collection which substituted OK. In fact these sheets were extra distressed. I bought them last summer from a local shop which also has a garden centre, and the wind blew them out of my basket and into a puddle. They dried off a bit buckled, but perfectly serviceable for this ! The beads came from the January sales as I knew they'd be perfect come 12 Tags time. I don't have the recommended felt to make the ink pad, but as last year, I used the kind of synthetic felt sold at our local patchwork shop. I got it to cut up for my alcohol ink applicator. I've done lots more stamping with this pad, so I can use the pieces for backgrounds for Christmas cards. Have just realised I've forgotten to add the bell, and I think I'll put a little frosting on the foliage !
I enjoyed the techniques on Tag 2 so much that I decided to make some cards using the same materials, and am pleased with the results. They are only small 4" x 4"s.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Lovely work again - great idea to make a matching card! Valerie
ReplyDeleteSmashing pieces and great improvisation, x
ReplyDelete