Tuesday, 6 December 2011

Tag Number 6 !

I wasn't too sure about this one when I started, even although I love working with metal. However, by the time I'd got all the paint on, I was really pleased with the look and was worried that the EP might spoil it, but of course, Tim was right. The EP really did enhance it. He was also right about the choice of acrylic paint. I tried a bright red one and a dark green one but they turned out to be too watery, so I covered these parts with Cranberry and Lettuce, and used the black and gold dabber paint on the other sections, and the effect was much better.

Unfortunately at this time of night I can't get the light right for the photo, and the camera battery is drained, so I can't persevere ! The Cranberry and Lettuce have been darkened and enriched by the Walnut Stain, but aren't as dark as in the photo. I chose velvet ribbon in the same green as I thought it looked good with the rich colours.


I usually like to do something on the reverse of a tag since it is always all smudged with ink by the time I've finished, and I like to make a few of these type of tags to attach to gifts. People seem to appreciate them and keep them as bookmarks or to re-use on gifts. This one is spotty resist against Cranberry Adirondack. The gap in the stamping makes it look distressed and also gives me a space to write in ! The little garland was made in the same way as the tag, but I decided against using it here. I need to re-do the bottom part as I put my thumb over the Dimensional Pearls holly berries before they were dry ! Then it'll go into that box of scraps.

Thank you, Tim, for another fun tag. Photos and all details here on Tim's blog..

2 comments:

  1. oh I wish I had time to look at all Tims Tags (and make them too) I looked at the first 2, but life is getting in the way. Still I can learn the techniques after Christmas. Your tag looks great, very shiney. I liked the idea of decorating the back good luck with the last 6
    janet
    j

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving this great effect on your tag. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to comment. Much appreciated.