Thursday, 8 December 2011

Tag 7 !

I have to confess there were few mutterings over this one. Well, quite a lot actually. I don't have the dies and wanted to stick with the holly rather than change theme completely. The sensible thing would have been to draw holly leaves and cut them out, but I had in mind to use a Cuttlebug holly spray embossing folder.

I duly inked, scrunched and embossed the glassine paper only to find out that it was really difficult to distinguish the embossed lines from the scrunching. I'm not the world's most patient cutter-outer at the best of times, so after a deal more muttering the glassine went into the scraps box, and I decided that the holly would be embossed and cut out before it was coloured and scrunched.

As I progressed through the next stages I was a bit dubious about how it was going to turn out, but suddenly it all seemed to come together. Bravo, Tim. Another great tag project. To be found at Tim's blog.


2 comments:

  1. The darker colors on your holly are striking on this tag especially against the gold branches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a pleasure to come to view your work.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to comment. Much appreciated.