Monday, 5 December 2011
The 12 Tags of Christmas 2011 - Tag Five
A great technique today from Tim Holtz using clear plastic packaging and alcohol inks, and plenty of improvisation required from me. None of the packaging that I'd kept was big enough, but I dug out a sheet of heavy acetate from the cupboard. The stamp I chose was one of my favourite Christmas ones from Elusive Images a few years back - swirls and holly. Don't have a leaf die that can cut grungeboard, so improvised with one that can cut thin card and got as far as painting it when I realised that using it would obscure best part of the stamping. However, I remembered seeing in my box of scraps a die-cut garland I'd made from card and metal for some other project. I love when I find a use for some piece that wasn't quite right for the original project. I had planned to do the bonus tag in Tim's post as well, but there are not enough hours in this day. Something to try another time !
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Gorgeous tag. Love the pretty wreath that you've used. I laughed - I had to use acetate too - but doesn't it work beautifully?
ReplyDeleteSharon xx